Cloud Database Launch Guide for Database-as-a-Service Beta
Hosted by EnterpriseDB at HP Cloud Services
Below are the steps needed to get started. Please read all the instructions completely before beginning. At the finish, you will have created an elastic Postgres high availability database cluster in the cloud.
Step 1: Sign up for an HP Cloud account.
The only pre-requisite is that you have an existing HP Cloud account. To get an account visit: https://console.hpcloud.com/signup and you should see a form like the sample below...
After you sign up or if you are already signed up, be sure to activate your account for az-1.region-a.geo-1 which is where the Postgres Plus Cloud Database Console is located.
Step 2: Get your HP credentials before registering at the EnterpriseDB hosted console
Prior to registering with Cloud Database you will need to get your Tenant name, Access Key ID and Secret Key from your HP Cloud account. These allow the Cloud Database cluster manager to communicate with HP Cloud on your behalf from the Cloud Database environment.
- If necessary log into your HP Cloud account at: https://manage.hpcloud.com/account
- Click the API Keys choice on the right side menu.
- Locate the Access Key you wish to use and copy the Access Key ID and temporarily paste it into an empty document, then click Show next to Secret Key and copy/paste your Secret Access Key. Also copy and paste both your Tenant ID and Tenant Name.
Step 3: Access an EnterpriseDB Hosted Console
|Select your Region to Login...|
|Free Trial (hp-geo1-regiona-az1)|
Step 4: Register yourself as a User and Log In
- Click the Register button and fill in the New User Registration dialog.
- Click Next and fill in your HP Cloud Tenant and Access Key information that you looked up in Step 1.
- Click Finish and enter your log in credentials at the Log In page.
- Click Login, and the Cloud Database Console appears.
Step 5: Create an elastic Postgres high availability cluster in the cloud
Press the Launch DB Cluster button and fill in the dialog.
Step 6: Create Register for the Cloud Database Forums
The Forum is located at: http://forums.enterprisedb.com/forums/show/21.page . Please post any and all problems, questions, comments or suggestions here so that we have a central location for your feedback, one communication channel to monitor, and all the participants can benefit. If you are not yet registered, please do so now at: https://www.enterprisedb.com/user-login-registration