Reduce Your Oracle License Fees!
With Postgres Plus Advanced Server's Oracle compatibility features, you can use existing Oracle-based applications on the PostgreSQL platform, or run adjacent applications that dove-tail seamlessly with your mission critical databases without additional Oracle licenses. You can use these same compatibility features to build new Postgres applications, saving money without re-training and re-coding issues.
Advanced Server's compatibility features focus on five common feature areas:
- SQL Extensions. Advanced Server supplies many critical SQL extensions you rely on, including decode(), the DUAL table, ROWNUM, Object Types and sub-types.
- PL/SQL Support. Advanced Server's procedural language runs Oracle triggers, stored procedures, function packages (like DBMS_UTL, DBMS_RLS, and DBMS_PROFILER), user defined exceptions, named parameter notation, private synonyms, partitioning syntax, GOTO, Bulk Collect/Fetch/Bind, VARRAY, table() expressions, and more.
- Compatibility Tools and Utilities. Advanced Server's Oracle-compatible tools include: EDB*Plus, EDB*Loader, EDB*Wrap, DBLinks, and Oracle Catalog Views, providing experienced DBAs and developers the familiar look, feel, and functionality on which they depend.
- Application Compatibility. The programming framework includes support for 12+ programming languages and 12+ library interfaces including OCL(OCI support).
- Push Button Migration. Finally, the Advanced Server Migration Toolkit provides an easy, low-risk Oracle application migration path that converts schema, data, packages, triggers, stored procedures, and functions into a working Postgres based application.
What should I do now?
Use the following links to learn more about: