Q: What are the Courses and Certifications offered by EnterpriseDB & what do they cost?
A: Please visit the link below to get the latest Training Schedule along with the Course Agenda as well as the pricing details:
The figure below shows the ideal sequence in which the PostgreSQL courses offered by EnterpriseDB should be taken.
If for any reason you want to take a course out of the above sequence you are free to do so. However, the Certification Exams are offered only in the sequence shown above by the arrow marks.
Apart from these three main courses, EnterpriseDB also offers many other short courses which can be found on the EnterpriseDB website.
Q: What version of PostgreSQL are the courses based on?
A: They are mostly based on 8.4 but will be entirely updated to PostgreSQL 9.0 by the end of March 2011.
Q: How do I register for and purchase a class?
A: You can register yourself online and pay for the training classes you wish to attend by clicking the “Register Now” tab given against all the trainings.
If you are looking for Sales help; please call at:
+1 781-357-3390 or 1-877-377-4352 (US Only)
Q: Is it possible to choose the dates for online/onsite training?
A: You can select a date from the Training Schedule published on our website. However, if you would like to take a training apart from those published in our Training Schedule we can provide you with a customized training as per your availability & requirements.
If you have a batch of about 5 to 8 candidates from your organization that would like to up an online training or training at a specific location, we can arrange for a customized training wherein you can select the dates as well as the mode of training as per your convenience.
Please get in touch with EnterpriseDB Sales for your customized training requirements.
Q: Is it possible to choose the content/topics of the training?
A: If you have any special requirements of topics you would like to get trained on, we can conduct a customized training, which will be tailor-made per your requirement.
Please get in touch with EnterpriseDB sales to explore such an offering.
Q: How can I re-schedule a training I have purchased?
A: If due to any reason you need to re-schedule the training for which you have registered, please drop in a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two business days prior to the scheduled start date of the training. This would help us to re-allot you to the next training class on your confirmation.
Q: What are the pre-requisites to take up an online training?
A: Online trainings are conducted using WebEx meeting and you have to connect on the Teleconference Bridge for voice. The numbers for dial in will be sent to you separately.
You would need the following:
- Generic PC with Windows XP or more recent version and Internet Explorer. The reason for Windows is that WebEx works best on Windows. Participants can use Linux or Mac platforms as well.
- High speed Internet connectivity to the order of 3.21 Mbps
- WebEx set up on your machine
1) To check the system requirements for using WebEx, please visit the link below:
2) Although WebEx Meeting Center will automatically be set up when you join a meeting, you can save time by setting up WebEx Meeting Center, on Windows or Mac, before the meeting. You can use the following link to set up WebEx.
Click the link below, then go to Setup & then click Meeting Center.
- You would need to keep an international phone line open throughout the duration of the course in order to hear the audio. You will be provided with a list of Global Toll/Toll free numbers for the same.
- Download of PostgreSQL from: http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/download.do
- PDF of the courseware – A Link will be sent out to download along with a script file for the sample tables used during the training or lab sessions.
- Course materials provided would be in form of PDF documents please have a PDF reader like Adobe Reader already installed on your system
Q: Do I need a VM ware?
A: No, you do not need to install VMware. All the trainings are conducted using presentations that are shown through WebEx & no program runs on the trainee’s system. For lab exercises, users can install Postgres Plus Standard Server on their local machine.
Q: Do I get a Certificate on the completion of the training?
A: EnterpriseDB awards Certificate Of Completion to all the trainees at the completion of the training. These are sent as e-certificates.