High Availability Setup Service with Red Hat Cluster Suite
What is your High Availability (HA) plan?
Running a single instance of your database server and performing regular backups? Are your users frustrated with down time scheduled for hardware upgrades, configuration changes, or software upgrades requiring a reboot? Are power outages and hardware failure part of your HA planning?
No one wants interruptions from down time whether it is scheduled or unscheduled and it can cost your business plenty. Users, customers and business partners in today’s round the clock usage cycles need access to data 24x7x365. A High Availability setup using Red Hat Cluster Suite (RHCS) can help you achieve your HA goals.
Red Hat Cluster Suite and PostgreSQL Databases
Red Hat Cluster Suite (RHCS) in an enterprise level Open Source clustering solution, which is also commercially supported by Red Hat. PostgreSQL is supported in RHCS. Using RHCS along with PostgreSQL, EnterpriseDB offers the following options:
- Active / passive clustering on shared storage for at least two servers (One active and at least one passive node).
- If the application supports sharding or can support sharding, EnterpriseDB can setup a cluster with up to 16 active nodes to share data.
When you purchase the PostgreSQL Clustering with Red Hat Cluster Suite packaged service, our experts will show you how to create failover/standby capabilities with the following activities:
- Identification of candidate databases for clustering
- Identification of hardware for clustering
- Analysis of uptime requirements and data latency
- Implementation of clustering
- Testing of clustering
- Staff education on clustering
- Knowledge transfer of the clustering solution to your staff
Designing a Clustering Environment
There are several important points before setting up a PostgreSQL Cluster on Red Hat Cluster Suite, like choosing right hardware and software components. EnterpriseDB assists you in making the optimal hardware and software choices for these setups.
A Team Building Exercise
We will work closely with your staff to ensure that the clustering strategy meets your organization's needs. Our work includes the initial analysis, solution design, implementation, and testing. EnterpriseDB staff will also educate your DBAs and developers on maintaining and developing applications in a clustering environment.
Our Knowledge Is Your Gain
EnterpriseDB will also teach your DBAs the correct administration and maintenance practices for clustering. This includes adding new cluster nodes, starting and stopping cluster, failing over from active node to passive node, graceful switchover, and maintaining upgrades easily.
We will also develop utilities to manage and maintain your cluster, from utilities automate the manual processes that can be involved and ensure a consistent procedural approach to handling cluster that reduces overhead and errors.
To order this packaged service, contact an Account Manager by calling: +1 781-357-3390 or 1-877-377-4352 (US Only) or use our online contact form.
* 2-node setup of PostgreSQL and
Red Hat Cluster Suite
* 5 days of remote consulting
* 1 day assessment and preparation
* Documented statement of work
* Documentation on administering
and troubleshooting your High
* 1 day of training and knowledge
transfer to your staff
* A fixed and predictable cost within
* Serviced by PostgreSQL experts