Classroom Training in Bangalore with FREE certification - attend training on site at a convenient location, and get a free attempt at PostgreSQL certification!
Learn Postgres database administration from the leading worldwide provider of enterprise-class products and services based on PostgreSQL, the world's most advanced and independent open source database.
About the course: This open enrollment class is intended for DBAs and IT Professionals who are responsible for administration and maintenance of PostgreSQL, and want to increase proficiency and learn best practices.
Comprehensive PostgreSQL Administration is a special 1-week course that teaches both foundational and advanced Postgres database administration topics. This immersive class offers hands-on labs and combines the core topics from Foundations of Postgres Administration and Advanced PostgreSQL Administration into a one-week class, with significant savings over list price. Covers PostgreSQL versions 9.4 and 9.5.
- Postgres System Architecture
- Getting Started – installation, setting env. variables, creating a cluster, connecting to the server
- Configuration – connection, authentication, WAL, log, vacuum settings and more
- Creating and Managing Databases – object hierarchy, databases, schemas, roles, users, groups and access control
- Introduction to PSQL – basic conventions, commands and parameters
- Using pgAdmin III
- Security Basics – configuration, access control, ownership, etc.
- SQL Primer – data types, basic queries, functions, constraints, views, sequences, indexes
- Backup and Recovery – backup types and strategies
- Point-in Time Recovery
- Routine Maintenance – query plan, table statistics, vacuuming, re-indexing, and more
- Postgres Data Dictionary
- Moving Data
Advanced DBA Skills and Topics
- Transactions and Concurrency
- Performance Tuning
- Table Partitioning
- High Availability & Replication
- Extension Modules
Upon course completion, you will be prepared to successfully manage your mission critical PostgreSQL installations, performing core administration tasks with confidence and skill. The course also helps you prepare for the PostgreSQL Associate Certification exam, of which one attempt is included with class participation.
Pre-requisites: Basic experience in database administration and knowledge of RDBMS concepts. No prior knowledge of PostgreSQL is required, but may be helpful for learning advanced topics. Basic experience with the use of the Linux operating system is helpful.
BONUS Certification: Includes one complimentary attempt at the PostgreSQL Associate Certification exam.
- Hands-on lab exercises
- Printed course materials
- Food and beverages will also be provided
*We encourage you to bring your laptop with the most current version of PostgreSQL installed
Location: Bangalore, India
Training Dates: 18-22 January 2016
Price: INR 54000 + tax (as applicable)
Special Group Discounts are Available for this class
Please contact us or call for discount information and to learn more!