Database Compatibility for Oracle Developers: Reference v15
Database compatibility for Oracle means that an application runs in an Oracle environment as well as in the EDB Postgres Advanced Server environment with minimal or no changes to the application code.
Developing an application that's compatible with Oracle databases in EDB Postgres Advanced Server requires special attention to the features you're using. For example, developing a compatible application means selecting:
- Data types to define the application’s database tables that are compatible with Oracle databases
- SQL statements that are compatible with Oracle SQL
- System and built-in functions for use in SQL statements and procedural logic that are compatible with Oracle databases
- Stored procedure language (SPL) to create database server-side application logic for stored procedures, functions, triggers, and packages
- System catalog views that are compatible with Oracle’s data dictionary