The PEM Client v8.0
The Postgres Enterprise Manager client provides a powerful and intuitive user interface that you can use to manage Advanced Server and PostgreSQL databases. The client interface is easily customized, and will preserve your preferences between sessions. Client features include:
- auto-detection and support for objects discovered at run-time
- a live SQL query tool with direct data editing
- support for administrative queries
- a syntax-highlighting SQL editor
- powerful graphical management dialogs and tools for common tasks
- a responsive, context-sensitive behavior
- supportive error messages
- helpful hints
- online help and information for dialogs and tools.
The PEM client features a highly-customizable display that features drag-and-drop panels that you can arrange to make the best use of your desktop environment. The application is installed during the PEM server installation; use your browser of choice to connect to the client.
The client tree control (the Browser) provides an elegant overview of the managed servers, and the objects that reside on each server. Right-click on a node within the tree control to access context-sensitive menus that provide quick access to management tasks for the selected object. The tabbed browser window provide quick access to statistical information about each object in the tree control, tools and utilities, and extended PEM features. The client opens an additional feature tab each time you access the extended functionality offered by PEM; you can open, close, and re-arrange tabs as needed.
You can search for objects in the database using the Search objects
pem_browser_window pem_toolbar pem_menu_bar preferences keyboard_shortcuts search_objects
Please note that database changes made from other users or clients will not cause a browser refresh. It is generally advisable to manually refresh an object before modifying it. You may find some options are disabled when you are reviewing object properties or making menu selections. If this is the case:
- The database server to which you are currently connected may not support the selected feature.
- The selected property cannot be modified by design.
- The role that you have used to connect to the server may have insufficient privileges to change the selected object.