1.1 InstallationBefore installing BART, ensure that your repository configuration allows access to the EDB repository. For information about requesting credentials to the EnterpriseDB repository, visit:
1. Use yum to create the repository configuration file.
2. Modify the repository configuration file (named edb.repo located in /etc/yum.repos.d) ensuring the value of the enabled parameter is 1, and replace the username and password placeholders in the baseurl specification with the name and password of a registered EnterpriseDB user.
1. Before installing other software prerequisite, use yum to install the EPEL package by assuming the superuser privileges.Please note that you may need to enable the [extras] repository definition in the CentOS-Base.repo file (located in /etc/yum.repos.d).
2. Then, use yum to install the following software on the BART host and any remote server on which an incremental backup will be restored:
3. Enable and activate Secure Shell (SSH) and Secure Copy (SCP) client programs on the BART host as well as on the remote database server hosts. The BART host and target database server host must accept a password-less SSH/SCP login connection.
5. The BART product is installed in the /usr/edb/bart directory location (referred to as BART_HOME).