EDB Postgres™ Backup and Recovery User Guide¶
The EDB Backup and Recovery Tool (BART) is an administrative utility that provides simplified backup and recovery management for multiple local or remote EDB Postgres™ Advanced Server and PostgreSQL® database servers.
- Support for complete, hot, physical backups of multiple Advanced Servers and PostgreSQL database servers
- Support for two types of backups – full base backups and block-level incremental backups
- Backup and recovery management of database servers on local or remote hosts
- A single, centralized catalog for backup data
- Retention policy support for defining and managing how long backups should be kept
- The capability to store the backup data in compressed format
- Verified backup data with checksums
- Backup information displayed in an easy-to-read format
- A simplified point-in-time recovery process
This guide provides the following information about using BART:
- an overview of the BART components and concepts.
- information about the backup and recovery management process with BART.
- information about using tablespaces.
- What’s New
- Conventions Used in this Guide
- Using BART
- BART Management Overview
- Using a Retention Policy to Manage Backups
- Basic BART Subcommand Usage
- Running the BART WAL Scanner
- Using Tablespaces