After importing the image and defining the security group, you are ready to launch the Ark console instance. Log into the Openstack dashboard as an Administrative user, and navigate into the tenant that is hosting the installation. Then, navigate through the Project tab to open the Compute menu, and select Instances. On the Instances dialog, click the Launch Instance button to open the Launch Instance dialog (shown in Figure 3.5).Figure 3.5 – The Launch Instance dialog.Use fields on the Launch Instance dialog to describe the EDB Ark instance; on the Project & User tab:
• Use the Project drop-down listbox to select a tenant for the instance.
• Use the User drop-down listbox to the name of the user that will own the instance.On the Details tab:
• Use the Availability Zone drop-down listbox to specify an availability zone.
• Use the Instance Name field to provide a name for the instance.
• Use the Flavor drop-down listbox to specify the size of the cluster. Please note that the cluster must be size m1.medium or larger.
• Set the Instance Count field to 1.
• Use the drop-down listbox in the Instance Boot Source field to select Boot from image.
• Use the drop-down listbox in the Image Name field to select the name of the image that you imported in Step One.On the Access & Security tab:
• Use the Key Pair drop-down listbox to select the keypair you will use to access the instance.On the Networking tabNo changes are required on the Post-Creation and Advanced Options tabs.Click the Launch button to launch the console instance.