After importing the image and defining the security group, you are ready to launch the Ark console instance. The instructions that follow list the selections that are required to launch an Ark console instance on an OpenStack Ocata host. The configuration of your host may require you to provide additional system-specific information; please consult the OpenStack documentation for your version.To access a list of instances, open the Project menu, then the Compute menu and select Instances. To create a new instance, click the Launch Instance button to open the Launch Instance dialog (shown in Figure 3.43).Figure 3.43 – The Launch Instance dialog.Use fields on the Launch Instance dialog to describe the EDB Ark instance; on the Details tab:
• Use the Instance Name field to provide a name for the instance.
• Use the Availability Zone drop-down listbox to specify an availability zone.
• Set the Count field to 1.On the Source tab:
• Use the drop-down listbox in the Select Boot Source field to select Image.
• Set the Create New Volume selector to No.
• Click the up arrow to the right of an instance name to add the image name to the Allocated field; this selects the image as the backing image for the instance.On the Flavor tab:
• Click the up arrow to the right of an image description to move the description to the Allocated field; this selects the instance size.On the Networks tab:No changes are required on the Network Ports tab.On the Security Groups tab:
• Click the up arrow to the right of a security group name to move the description to the Allocated field; this selects the security group that will be applied to the instance.On the Key Pair tab:
• Click the Create Key Pair button to open a dialog that allows you to create a new keypair or click the Import Key Pair button to open a dialog that allows you to select an existing key pair.
• Click the up arrow to the right of a Key Pair name to select the keypair you will use to access the instance.On the Configuration tab:
• Use the Customization Script field to provide a script that sets a password for the console setup dialog:#!/bin/sh
rm -f /var/ppcd/startup-password.txt
echo "console_password" > /var/ppcd/startup-password.txt
chown ppcd:ppcd /var/ppcd/startup-password.txt
chmod 600 /var/ppcd/startup-password.txtWhere console_password specifies the password that allows access to the setup dialog.When the first user connects to the AWS Ark console, they will be required to provide the console_password provided in the script; entering the password will invoke the setup dialog.console_password is stored in /var/ppcd/startup-password.txt.No changes are required on the Server Groups tab:No changes are required on the Scheduler Hints tab:No changes are required on the Metadata tab:Click the Launch Instance button to launch the console instance. When OpenStack finishes creating the instance, it will be displayed in the list on the Instances window.