Using the CDS Management Console¶
Cloud Database Service (CDS) is designed to help you easily create and manage high-availability database clusters. To get started with CDS, open a browser and navigate to:
Select a link on the page to login or start a free trial. When logging in, provide your EnterpriseDB account credentials; if you do not have a user account, follow the onscreen links to register as a user.
Click each respective link to review details; if you agree, check the
box to the left of
I agree to the Terms & Conditions and the Privacy
Policy and click
SUBMIT to continue.
After registering, you will be sent an account activation email. Follow the link in the email to provide a password for your account and complete the registration process.
After logging in, you will be taken to the CDS
Dashboard tab, where you
can select a deployment type. Select the
AWS Free Trial button to deploy a free trial console. Please note that some restrictions apply.
Using a Free Trial Console¶
You may elect to deploy a trial console while experimenting with CDS. You are not required to provide a credit card when registering for a free console, but some restrictions do apply:
- Free consoles are deployed in US-East-1 (N. Virginia).
- Available free instance types are
- Each instance has a lifetime of 7 days.
- A template must be used to define an instance on a free console; two
templates are available:
- Developer Postgres Advanced Server
- Developer PostgreSQL
- An organization (including all of the teams) is limited to 5 free nodes.
- Trial console usage is not included on the
We offer a paid subscription option which does not have the above-listed restrictions, refer to the Signing Up for a Paid Console for paid console details.
Signing Up for a Paid Console¶
Use options on the Account tab to manage your billing preferences.
You have the option to pay for your subscription with a credit card or via manual invoicing. To apply for manual invoicing, complete the More Options tab located in the
Payment Methods panel on the
Details tab of the
To use a credit card to pay for your consoles, use fields in the
Credit Card section to provide details about the
credit card that will be used for the account billing. EnterpriseDB accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Diners Club, and JCB. All billing will be in US dollars.
Provide card information in the
- the card number in the
- the expiration date in the
- the card verification value in the
Then, specify cardholder information below the card information:
- the first name of the cardholder in the
- the last name of the cardholder in the
- the first line of the card’s billing address in the
- the second line of the card’s billing address in the
- the name of the city to which the credit card’s bills are
sent in the
- the name of the state, province, or county to which the
credit card’s bills are sent in the
- the name of the country to which bills are sent in the
- the billing postal code in the
- If applicable, provide a VAT number in the
Organization Details section displays the contact information
entered when you registered; click the
Edit button to update the information shown.
You can modify the:
- Organization Name
- Primary Email Address
- CC Email Addresses
Subscribe button to complete the registration process and continue to the
CDS Dashboard. Use links on the
Dashboard tab to select the region in which your
console will be deployed; CDS currently supports the following regions:
- US East (N. Virginia)
- US West (N. California)
- EU (Ireland)
- EU (Frankfurt)
- Asia Pacific (Sydney)
- Asia Pacific (Singapore)
If you would like to request support for a specific region, please reach out to:
Your current user account will be able to deploy a console on the regions offered.
When you select a region, the Ark user console will open in a new browser tab. The CDS management console will remain available in your current tab, allowing you to perform management tasks related to the account.
Tabs on the CDS web interface allow you to manage your CDS account. Tab access is controlled by administrator-assigned membership in a Team.
Signing Up for Manual Invoicing¶
Requests for manual invoicing will be reviewed by the CDS team. Use the
More Options tab located in the
Payment Methods panel to submit a request.
Use fields on the
More Options tab to provide billing information for your organization. Provide:
- the first line of the address to which invoices will be sent in the
- the second line of the billing address (if applicable) in the
- the name of the city to which bills will be sent in the
- the name of the state to which bills will be sent in the
- the name of the country to which bills will be sent in the
- the postal code for the billing address in the
- a VAT number in the
VAT Numberfield (if applicable).
When you’ve completed the dialog, click the
Contact Sales button to submit your
After submitting billing details, the
More Options tab will display the status of your request
for manual invoicing. When your request is approved, the status will be updated from
Approved and you will be sent a notification email. While your application is being reviewed,
you will have access to free consoles via the CDS
Dashboard tab; once approved, you will be able
to select from all of the consoles shown on the
If the request is
Rejected, you will be required to provide credit card information to
use paid consoles.
If you have initially created an account with credit card billing, and wish to move to manual invoicing, you can submit a
request for manual invoicing, and continue to use the credit card billing until the manual invoicing is approved. Once approved, credit card details will be removed from the
Credit Card tab, and any charges will be invoiced manually.