EDB™ Postgres Containers and Integration with Google Kubernetes Engine¶
EDB Postgres Platform for Containers allows you to use a docker-formatted container to deploy and manage EDB Postgres Advanced Server (Advanced Server) and supporting components in a Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) environment. GKE automation provides an environment in which you can easily:
- Deploy or disable Advanced Server instances as needed.
- Automatically scale an Advanced Server instance to meet application requirements.
- Easily ensure Failover Manager protection for your data.
- Utilize load balancing to distribute read/write requests across available servers.
- Deploy Advanced Server instances with custom configurations in a container environment.
The EDB Postgres Platform for Containers automates the deployment of containers that include Advanced Server and the following supporting components:
- EDB Failover Manager (EFM)
- EDB Postgres Backup and Recovery Tool (BART)
- pgPool (connection pooling for Postgres databases)
- EDB Postgres Enterprise Manager (PEM)
For detailed information and documentation for each component, please visit the EnterpriseDB website.
- What’s New
- EDB Containers
- Preparing to Deploy an Advanced Server Container
- Using Helm Charts to Deploy Containers
- Use Cases
- Customizing Advanced Server Configuration Files
- Providing Remote Access to a Container
- Using EDB Failover Manager Functionality
- Using Backup and Recovery Functionality
- Performing a Point-in-time Recovery