- Download Postgres
- Free Postgres Training
- Webinar: Running Highly Available Postgres Databases in Containers
Postgres as a Service
Deploy a Managed Postgres Cluster in Minutes! Enterprise-ready and Oracle compatible.
EDB™ Postgres Containers and Integration with OpenShift¶
EDB Postgres Platform for Containers allows you to use a Docker-formatted container to deploy and manage EDB Postgres Advanced Server (Advanced Server) and supporting components in a Red Hat OpenShift environment. OpenShift automation provides an environment in which you can easily:
- Deploy or disable Advanced Server instances as needed.
- Automatically scale an Advanced Server instance to meet application requirements.
- Easily ensure Failover Manager protection for your data.
- Utilize load balancing to distribute read/write requests across available servers.
- Deploy Advanced Server instances with custom configurations in a container environment.
The EDB Postgres Platform for Containers automates the deployment of containers that include Advanced Server and the following supporting components:
- EDB Failover Manager (EFM)
- EDB Postgres Backup and Recovery Tool (BART)
- pgPool (connection pooling for Postgres databases)
- EDB Postgres Enterprise Manager (PEM)
For detailed information and documentation for each component, please visit the EnterpriseDB website.
Sample scripts and yaml files for EDB Postgres containers are available at the EnterpriseDB website.
- What’s New
- EDB Containers
- Preparing to Deploy an Advanced Server Container
- Using the OpenShift Console
- Scaling an Advanced Server Deployment
- Using a ConfigMap Object to Customize a Configuration
- Performing a Rolling Update
- Performing a Manual Backup
- Preparing an Advanced Server Cluster for Monitoring
- Removing a Project
- Upgrading an Advanced Server Container
- Deploying a Container at the Docker Command Line