The Package Deployment wizard walks you through the process of scheduling the installation of new packages or upgrades of existing packages. Before invoking the Package Deployment wizard, you must modify the PEM agent configuration file and restart the agent; first on the server, and then on each system where packages will be deployed.
• On Linux, modify the agent.cfg file, setting the allow_package_management property to true. The configuration file is located in: /opt/PEM/agent/etc
• On Windows, use the Registry Editor to modify the registry entry for the agent, setting the value of the AllowPackageManagement property to true. The entry is located in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EnterpriseDB\PEM\agentAfter modifying the agent configuration properties, you must restart the PEM agent. On a Linux host, you can use the service command:Or on a Windows host, use the Services dialog to restart the PEM agent service:After enabling package management and restarting the agents, you should also confirm that agent-level probes are enabled on the host of the PEM server, and on any system on which a package will be deployed. To access the Manage Probes tab, highlight the name of the PEM agent in the PEM client tree control, and select Manage Probes… from the Management menu. The following probes must be enabled:
• the Package Catalog probe on the PEM server host.
• the Installed Packages probe on any system on which you wish to install packages.Then, to open the Package Deployment wizard, select Package Deployment... from the Management menu. The Package Deployment wizard Welcome... dialog opens (see Figure 5.1).Click Next to continue.Use the radio buttons on the Deployment Mode Selection dialog (see Figure 5.2) to specify the type of deployment that you are scheduling:
• Select the New Package Installation radio button to schedule the installation of a package that has not been previously installed on the server. This is the default.
• Select the Upgrade Packages radio button to schedule an upgrade of packages that are currently installed on the server.When you've made a selection, click Next to continue.