Postgres Expert produces an easily navigated report that contains an analysis of the selected rules, categorized by high, medium, and low severities, for the selected servers (see Figure 13.5).The report header contains a summary of the report, and includes the date and time that the report was generated, the number of rules analyzed, and the number of deviations from best practices found by Postgres Expert. Use the Jump to drop-down listbox to select a server to navigate to the section of the report that targets recommendations for that server.The body of the report contains the detailed findings for each server selected for analysis. The findings are sorted by Expert; within each Expert heading, any rule violations are ranked by Severity.Click on each rule in the Postgres Expert report to display details and recommendations for that rule (see Figure 13.6). Within each rule, section headings display:
• The Advisor section lists the name of the Postgres Expert advisor that prompted the recommendation.
• The Trigger section displays a description of the rule that raised the alert.
• The Recommended Value section displays the value to which Postgres Expert recommends setting the selected parameter.
• The Description section displays information and advice about the parameter that caused the alert.
• The Current Values section displays the current value(s) of any parameter(s) that influence the Postgres Expert's evaluation.