On Linux platforms, service scripts reside in the /etc/init.d directory. The default name of the service script that controls:
• A PEM server host on Advanced Server is ppas-9.x.
• A PEM server host on PostgreSQL is postgresql-9.x.
• A PEM agent is pemagent./etc/init.d/service_name statusWhere service_name is the name of the service./etc/init.d/service_name actionservice_name is the name of the service.action specifies the action taken by the service command. Specify:
• start to start the service.
• stop to stop the service.
• restart to stop and then start the service.
• status to check the status of the service.