Creating a Custom Dashboard¶
You can use the PEM dashboard editor to create or modify a user-defined dashboard. The custom dashboard may include pre-defined charts, user-defined charts or a mix of pre-defined and user-defined charts. To create a new dashboard, select Create New Dashboard… from the Quick Links section of the Manage Dashboards tab.
Use the fields in the Configure section to specify general information about the dashboard:
- Specify a name for the dashboard in the Name field. The name specified will also be the title of the dashboard if the title is displayed.
- Use the Level drop-down listbox to specify the level of the PEM hierarchy within the PEM client on which the dashboard will be displayed. A dashboard may be accessed via the Dashboards menu on a Global level, an Agent level, the Server level or the Database level. Each selected level within the list will expose a different set of metrics on which the custom dashboard’s charts may be based.
- Provide a description of the dashboard in the Description field.
Provide information in the fields in the Ops dashboard options box if the dashboard will be used as an Ops dashboard:
- Set the Ops Dashboard? field to Yes to instruct the server to create a dashboard that is formatted for display on an Ops monitor.
- Set the Show Title? field to Yes to display the dashboard name at the top of the Ops dashboard.
- Use the Font drop-down list box to select a custom font style for the title. The selected font style will be displayed in the Preview box.
- Use the Font size drop-down list box to select a custom font size for the title. The selected font style will be displayed in the Preview box.
Use the Permissions box to specify the users that will be able to view the new dashboard:
- Set the Share with all slider to Yes to instruct the server to allow all Teams to access the dashboard, or set Share with all to No to enable the Access permissions field.
- Use the Access permissions field to specify which roles can view the new dashboard. Click in the field, and select from the list of users to add a role to the list of users with dashboard access.
When you’ve completed the Configure Dashboard section, click the arrow in the upper-right corner to close the section, and access the Dashboard Layout Design section.
Click the edit icon in a section header to specify a section name; then, click the add icon (+) to add a chart to the section.
Use the arrows to the right of each chart category to display the charts available and select a chart.
Use the chart detail selectors to specify placement details for the chart: * Use the Chart width selector to indicate the width of the chart; select 50% to display the chart in half of the dashboard, or 100% to use the whole dashboard width. * Use the Chart alignment selector to indicate the position of the chart within the section:
- Select Left to indicate that the chart should be left-justified.
- Select Center to indicate that the chart should be centered.
- Select Right to indicate that the chart should be right-justified.
Please note that tables are always displayed centered.
To add another chart to your dashboard, click the add icon (+) in the section header. When you’ve finished editing the dashboard, click the Save button to save your edits and exit.
To exit without saving your changes, click the Cancel button.