Importing a Capacity Manager Template¶
Click the Import Capacity Manager Template icon in the Quick Links section of the Manage Charts tab to use a Capacity Manager template as a starting point for a chart or table.
When the Create Chart dialog opens, provide information about the custom chart:
- Use the drop-down listbox in the Import capacity template field to select the name of the template on which the chart will be based.
- Specify the name of the chart in the Name field.
- Use the drop-down listbox in the Category field to specify the category in which this chart will be displayed. When adding a custom chart to a custom dashboard, the chart will be displayed for selection in the Category specified.
- Use the radio buttons in the Type field to specify if the chart will be a Line chart or a Table.
- Provide a description of the chart in the Description field. The description will be displayed to the user viewing the chart (on a custom dashboard) when they click the information icon.
Click Next to continue to the Select Metrics dialog.
The Select Metrics dialog allows you to review the metrics specified by the selected template. The bottom panel of the chart editor displays the metrics that will be included in the chart. The metrics included in the chart are not modifiable via the chart editor; to modify the metrics, you must use the Capacity Manager utility to update the template.
When you’ve reviewed the metrics, click Next to continue to the Set Options dialog.
Use the fields on the Set Options dialog to specify display options for your chart:
- Use the Auto Refresh field to specify the number of minutes between chart updates - choose a value from 1 to 120. The default auto refresh rate is 2 minutes.
- Use the fields in the Data extrapolation box to specify the time period covered by the chart. You can either:
- click the Historical days and extrapolated days label and:
- specify the number of days of historical data that should be charted in the Historical field.
- specify the number of projected days that should be charted in the Extrapolated field.
- or, click the Historical days and threshold label and:
- provide the number of days of historical data that should be charted in the Historical field.
- use the threshold selection fields to specify the threshold value at which the chart will end.
When you’ve completed the Set Options dialog, click Next to continue.
Use the fields on the Set Permissions dialog to specify display options for your chart:
- Set the Share with all slider to Yes to indicate that the chart will be available to all authorized users, or No to restrict access to the users or groups specified in the Access permissions field.
- Use the Access permissions field to select the group or groups that will have access to the chart.
When you’ve finished defining the chart, click Finish to save your edits and add your chart to the list on the Manage Charts tab.