After invoking the Log Manager wizard, and importing your log files to PEM, you can use the Server Log Analysis dashboard to review the log files for a selected server. To open the Server Log Analysis dashboard, right-click on the name of a monitored server in the PEM client tree control, and navigate through the Dashboards menu, selecting Server Log Analysis.The header information on the Server Log Analysis dashboard (shown in Figure 7.8) displays the date and time that the server was started, the date and time that the page was last updated, and the current number of triggered alerts.Entries in the Server Log are displayed in chronological order, with the most-recent log entries first. Use the scroll bars to navigate through the log entries, or to view columns that are off of the display.Headings at the top of the server log table identify the information stored in each column; hover over a column heading to view a tooltip that contains a description of the content of each column.You can use filtering to limit the number of server log records that are displayed. Click Show Filters to expose the filters panel and define a filter (see Figure 7.9).Use the fields within the filter definition box to describe the selection criteria that PEM will use to select a subset of a report for display:
• Use the From field to specify a starting date for the displayed server log.
• Use the To field to specify an ending date for the displayed server log.
• Enter a role name in the Username field display only transactions performed by that user.
• Enter a database name in the Database field to specify that the server should limit the displayed records to only those transactions that were performed against the specified database.
• Use the Command Type field to specify a selection criteria for the commands that will be displayed in the filtered report.When you've described the criteria by which you wish to filter the server logs, click Filter to display the filtered server log in the Server Log table.