PEM Enterprise Features Guide¶
This guide will acquaint you with the tools and wizards that are built into the Postgres Enterprise Manager™ (PEM) web interface that make it easier for you to monitor and manage your system.
This guide is not a comprehensive resource; rather, it is meant to serve as an aid to help you evaluate the tool and bring you up to speed with the basics of how to use the product. For more detailed information about using PEM’s functionality, please see the online help made available by the PEM client.
Please note that Streaming Replication feature and Package Deployment feature are being deprecated. These two features will not be available in future releases of PEM.
This document uses Postgres to mean either the PostgreSQL or EDB Postgres Advanced Server database.
- What’s New
- The PEM Query Tool
- Package Deployment
- Performance Monitoring and Management
- Using Dashboards to View Performance Information
- Managing Custom Dashboards
- Using the Manage Charts tab
- Customizing Probes
- Capacity Manager
- Audit Manager
- Log Manager
- Postgres Log Analysis Expert
- SQL Profiling and Analysis
- Tuning Wizard
- Postgres Expert - Best Practice Enforcement
- Configuring Streaming Replication
- Monitoring Failover Manager
- Monitoring an xDB Replication Cluster
- Performance Diagnostics
- PEM Server Configuration Parameters - Reference
- Capacity Manager Metrics - Reference
- PEM Probes – Reference
- PEM Pre-defined Alert Templates – Reference