Postgres as a Service
Deploy a Managed Postgres Cluster in Minutes! Enterprise-ready and Oracle compatible.
After resolving errors in your schemas, you can use the schemas with a client application such as pgAdmin, ToadEdge, or PSQL client or migrate the schema to an EDB Cloud Database Service (CDS) cluster.
Please Note: For more information, about using Toad Edge with Advanced Server, see Toad Edge® for Postgres.
Deploying schema using PSQL or pgAdmin
Ensure that the assessed schema is 100% compatible on Migration Portal.
Perform the following steps to deploy schema using PSQL or pgAdmin:
- On the Project Page, select the required project.
Export, to download the assessed file.
- Click Download.
- (For PSQL) Connect to desired Advanced Server using psql/edb-psql client and run the following command:
edb=# \i /exported_ddls_folder/hr_schema/ProjHR_hr.sql
- (For pgAdmin) Connect to desired database and click
- Upload the schema and click
The Advanced Server instance must be installed in Oracle Mode to enable native compatibility with key Oracle capabilities.
Migrating a Schema to a CDS cluster¶
Perform the following steps to migrate your database to a CDS cluster:
Project pagepage, click
Deploy to existing CDS cluster. Click here to launch new clusteroption.
For information about creating a new cluster, see Creating a Server Cluster.
- Select the schemas you wish to migrate.
- Click Next to continue.
- Enter the following details in the
- Enter the host name or IP address in the
- Enter the port number in the
- Enter the database name in the
- Enter the user name in the
- Enter the password associated with the user in the
Test Connectionto verify the connection details.
Note: You can click
Editto make changes to the connection details and retest the connection details.
Once the connection is successful, click
You can view the deployment details on the
Download Summaryto download the deployment log.
Doneto close the window.