2. Identify potential migration problems. If it is an Oracle-to-Advanced Server migration, consult the for complete details about the compatibility features supported in Advanced Server. Consider using EnterpriseDB's migration assessment service to assist in this review.
4. If the migration involves a large body of data, consider migrating the schema definition before moving the data. Verify the results of the DDL migration and resolve any problems reported in the migration summary. of this document includes information about resolving migration problems.
• If your data has BLOB or CLOB data, use the dblink_ora style database links instead of the Oracle style database links.Both of these methods use the Oracle Call Interface (OCI) to connect to Oracle. After connecting, use an SQL statement to select the data from the 'linked' Oracle database and insert the data into the Advanced Server database.
• Use Dynatune to dynamically adjust database configuration resources.
• Use Optimizer Hints to direct the query path.
• Use the ANALYZE command to retrieve database statistics.