Migration Toolkit uses the configuration and connection information stored in the toolkit.properties file during the migration process to identify and connect to the source and target databases. On Linux, the toolkit.properties file is located in:A sample toolkit.properties file is shown in Figure 5.1.Figure 5.1 - A typical toolkit.properties file.Before executing Migration Toolkit commands, modify the toolkit.properties file with the editor of your choice. Update the file to include the following information:
• SRC_DB_URL specifies how Migration Toolkit should connect to the source database. See the section corresponding to your source database for details about forming the URL.
• SRC_DB_USER specifies a user name (with sufficient privileges) in the source database.
• SRC_DB_PASSWORD specifies the password of the source database user.
• TARGET_DB_URL specifies the JDBC URL of the target database.
• TARGET_DB_USER specifies the name of a privileged target database user.
• TARGET_DB_PASSWORD specifies the password of the target database user.