EDB Postgres™ Advanced Server .NET Connector Guide¶
The EDB .NET Connector distributed with EDB Postgres™ Advanced Server (Advanced Server) provides connectivity between a .NET client application and an Advanced Server database server. This guide provides installation instructions, usage instructions, and examples that demonstrate the functionality of the EDB .NET Connector:
How to connect to an instance of Advanced Server.
How to retrieve information from an Advanced Server database.
How to update information stored on an Advanced Server database.
This document assumes that you have a solid working knowledge of both C# and .NET. The EDB .NET Connector functionality is built on the core functionality of the Npgsql open source project. The Npgsql User’s Manual is available online.
- What’s New
- Requirements Overview
- The EDB .NET Connector - Overview
- Installing and Configuring the .NET Connector
- Installing the .NET Connector
- Configuring the .NET Connector
- Referencing the Library Files
- .NET Framework Setup
- Entity Framework 6
- EDB VSIX for Visual Studio 2015/2017/2019
- Using the .NET Connector
- Opening a Database Connection
- Retrieving Database Records
- Parameterized Queries
- Inserting Records in a Database
- Deleting Records in a Database
- Using SPL Stored Procedures in your .NET Application
- Using Advanced Queueing
- Using a Ref Cursor in a .NET Application
- Using Plugins
- Using Object Types in .NET
- Security and Encryption
- EDB .NET Connector Logging
- API Reference