EDB Postgres™ Advanced Server .NET Connector Guide¶
The EDB Postgres™ Advanced Server .NET Connector distributed with EDB Postgres™ Advanced Server (Advanced Server) provides connectivity between a .NET client application and an Advanced Server database server. This guide provides installation instructions, usage instructions, and examples that demonstrate the functionality of the Advanced Server .NET Connector:
- How to connect to an instance of Advanced Server.
- How to retrieve information from an Advanced Server database.
- How to update information stored on an Advanced Server database.
This document assumes that you have a solid working knowledge of both C# and .NET. The Advanced Server .NET Connector functionality is built on the core functionality of the Npgsql open source project. The Npgsql User’s Manual is available online.
- What’s New
- Requirements Overview
- The Advanced Server .NET Connector - Overview
- Installing and Configuring the .NET Connector
- Security and Encryption
- Using the .NET Connector
- Opening a Database Connection
- Retrieving Database Records
- Parameterized Queries
- Inserting Records in a Database
- Deleting Records in a Database
- Using SPL Stored Procedures in your .NET Application
- Using Advanced Queueing
- Using a Ref Cursor in a .NET Application
- Using Plugins
- API Reference