Change Password Dialog¶
It is a good policy to routinely change your password to protect data, even in what you may consider a ‘safe’ environment. In the workplace, failure to apply an appropriate password policy could leave you in breach of Data Protection laws.
Please consider the following guidelines when selecting a password:
- Ensure that your password is an adequate length; 6 characters should be the absolute minimum number of characters in the password.
- Ensure that your password is not open to dictionary attacks. Use a mixture of upper and lower case letters and numerics, and avoid words or names. Consider using the first letter from each word in a phrase that you will remember easily but is an unfamiliar acronym.
- Ensure that your password is changed regularly; at minimum, change it every ninety days.
The above should be considered a starting point: It is not a comprehensive list and it will not guarantee security.
Use the Change Password dialog to change your password:
- The name displayed in the User field is the role for which you are modifying the password; it is the role that is associated with the server connection that is highlighted in the tree control.
- Enter the password associated with the role in the Current Password field.
- Enter the desired password for in the New Password field.
- Re-enter the new password in the Confirm Password field.
Click the OK button to change your password; click Cancel to exit the dialog without changing your password.