Enterprise Architecture Setup Service
Get started with a Postgres reference architecture based on best practices
An enterprise architecture from EDB accelerates the implementation of your Postgres solution by using a standards-based approach based on best practices. Avoid beginning a project without a full architecture and avoid the complexity and risk of building it out as you go. Take advantage of EDB's Postgres expertise with a reference architecture built on years of experience and well-defined best practices.
Key components of a Postgres enterprise architecture:
Monitoring and Management
Monitoring and Management
Why use Postgres reference architecture from EDB?
The most effective data center implementations use a reference architecture to:
- Accelerate the implementation of a solution
- Lower operational costs
- Build-in flexibility
- Enhance performance
- Lower complexity and reduce risk
EnterpriseDB is a recognized leader in operational database management systems, and is the leading worldwide provider of Postgres software and services. Our solution for an enterprise architecture is based on proven best practices from service delivery experts, and supports a wide range of enterprise deployments. Our comprehensive reference architecture for Postgres is modular, standards-based, and will have you set up for success.
Service for the right solution
When you purchase the Enterprise Architecture Setup Service, our experts will help you to quickly meet the standard requirements for a robust and reliable OLTP architecture, with the following activities:
- Installation, configuration, and tuning of the master Postgres server instance
- High availability solution set up with failover management and configuration of asynchronous streaming replication with 2 onsite replicas
- Implementation of a complete disaster recovery plan with logical and physical backup and point in time recovery configuration, and set up of streaming replication with an off-site replica, all configured according to your backup and recovery policies defined in BART
- Data integration with Oracle, SQL Server, or Postgres through configuration of single-master replication using xDB
- Establish ongoing database management with configuration of 15 standard alerts with defined thresholds and multiple dashboards for monitoring, event management, and capacity planning in EDB Postgres Enterprise Manager
- Implement pragmatic security controls for data protection and access management, including LDAP integration
- Knowledge transfer of the full architecture solution and hand off of operational run book to your staff
- Training on using the related tools for your top database administration activities
Designing the right environment, using the right tools
We provide a full suite of tools designed for large scale and mission critical enterprise performance, availability, scalability, security, and management.
Whether you are using PostgreSQL or EDB Postgres Advanced Server, the breadth of EDB’s products and the depth of our services for successfully integrating Postgres into the data center is unmatched.
To learn more about this service or how we can help you with a data center solution including Postgres, contact an Account Manager by using our online contact form.