EDB Postgres Migration Toolkit
Fast, flexible, and customized database migration to PostgreSQL and EDB Postgres Advanced Server
Are you looking to migrate your database to Postgres or just want to test drive Postgres with your own data? If so, the EDB Migration Toolkit from EnterpriseDB was made for you. This powerful utility is full of options to make the task fast and customized to your needs.
- Automated schema/data migration. Saves time, money and effort.
- Online migration. Migrate your source database directly into PostgreSQL or Advanced Server making it available for immediate use.
- Offline migration. Creates DDL scripts that can be edited and run at a later scheduled time.
- Multiple database support. Ability to migrate from SQL Server*, Sybase*, or Oracle* to PostgreSQL or Postgres Plus Advanced Server.
- Customize migrations. Specify whether or not to include table constraints/triggers/indices, manage bulk inserts, apply row filters, change datatypes inline, specify subsets of schema objects to migrate or all.
- Fast data migration. Utilize parallel data movement techniques, bypass logging for faster data loads or use native connectivity to source database.
* Supported objects matrix below…
How do I try Migration Toolkit?
For Postgres Plus Advanced Server, just download Advanced Server and run the installer. Make sure to check off Migration Toolkit on the Select Components screen.
For PostgreSQL, download PostgreSQL, run the installer, and when StackBuilder runs look under the Registration Required and Trial Products heading for EnterpriseDB Tools.