Backup Best Practices for Postgres
Never lose data again. Plan your backup strategy with best practices from Postgres experts.
We’ll show you different backup strategies, including the pros and cons of each option, and make recommendations based on your needs. After reviewing your stack, we’ll give you customized guidance on how to set up and configure backups so that you never lose data.
- Conduct project kickoff to review service and share prerequisites
- Provide a predefined task plan to share dates, duration, and deliverables for the service engagement
What EDB Will Do
An EDB consultant will work with you to identify the best backup strategy and solution based on your needs. We’ll:
- Review your stack
- Review backup options and make recommendations
- Build out best practices for backing up data
- Example stacks
- Stack 1:
- Stage 1: BART on seperate server
- Stage 2: A backup tool such as CommVault or NetVault
- Stack 2:
- Stage 1: pghoard / wal-g
- Stage 2: Buckets
- Stack 3:
- Stage 1: BART to NFS
- Stage 2: Anything to backup NFS storage
- Stack 4: Use default backup integration from CommVault or Netvault
- Stack 5: Snapshotting and archiving
- Stack 1:
A backup strategy document with customized recommendations.