Restoring BART Backups¶
You can restore the backups that you have earlier created using BART server on a target remote host. When you select a particular BART server, all the associated backups are listed in the Dashboard under Initiated Server Backups.
To restore a backup, click the Restore icon next to the backup that you want to restore.
In the Restore Backup dialog, provide information in the fields on the General tab:
- Use the Target agent field name to specify the name of the agent where you want to restore the backup.
- Use the Remote user field to specify the use account on the remote database server host where you want to restore the backup.
- Use the Remote host address field to specify the IP address of the remote host where you want to restore the backup.
- Use the SSH port field to specify the SSH port to be used for restoring the backup.
- Use the Restore path field to specify the path where you want to restore the backup.
- Use the Number of workers field to specify processes to run in parallel to stream the modified blocks of an incremental backup to the restore location.
- Use the Setup passwordless SSH? switch to specify if you want to create SSH certificates to allow passwordless logins between the BART server and the target host for restore.
On the Advanced tab, specify your preferences for advanced options for restoring the backup:
- Use the Copy WALs to restore path? switch to specify if you want to copy WALs to the restore path.
- Use the Point in time recovery switch to specify if you want point in time recovery.
- Use the Timeline ID field to specify the timeline ID to be used for replaying the archived WAL files for point-in-time recovery.
- Use the Transaction ID (XID) field to specify the transaction ID for point-in-time recovery.
- Use the Timestamp field to the timestamp to be used for restore.
You can specify either Transaction ID or Timestamp for the point-in-time recovery.
Use the fields on the Notifications tab to specify the email notification settings for restoring the backup.
- Use the Send the notifications field to specify when you want the email notifications to be sent.
- Use the Email group field to specify the email group that should receive the email notification.