‘Personal data’ means any information relating to a person that can be used to identify such person, directly or indirectly. For instance, using an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- The information we collect
- The basis for processing your information
- How we use your personal information
- How we may share or disclose your personal information
- What cookies and web beacons are and how we and others use them
- What internet protocol addresses are
- Collection of information by third-party sites and sponsors
- How we secure and store your information
- Your rights if you are a California resident
- Our policy towards children
- What choices do we give you, and how can you correct or review your personal information
- How to contact us
The Information We Collect
EnterpriseDB collects certain personal data when you:
- Register for any service of EnterpriseDB (e.g., downloading whitepapers, software, etc.);
- Submit requests, suggestions, or other communications to us;
- Interact with the Website or EnterpriseDB in any way that submits, releases or displays your personal data to EnterpriseDB (e.g., attending events, entering contests, participating in trainings, etc.).
In interacting or registering with EnterpriseDB or requesting information, you may provide us with a password, your real name, industry, organization name, job role, and contact information, such as email address, phone number, and shipping address. We may also collect your product registration information, product interest information, transaction information, or demographic information. In addition, for certain licensees, EnterpriseDB may require additional information, such as student verification information. We may collect payment information such as your credit card number and billing address if you purchase or license products and services from us. If you connect with EnterpriseDB accounts on third party social networking sites, we may also collect information about your social networking accounts, for example, your name, user name or handle, public profile, and email address. We may also combine information you provide with data we collect automatically (as further described below) and with data we receive from third parties.
Certain third parties, including analytics companies, advertisers and ad networks, may also automatically collect information about you through the Website, using cookies, Web beacons, and device identifiers, including personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites, devices, online channels and applications when you use the Website.
The Basis for Processing Your Information
EnterpriseDB processes your personal data based on the following lawful grounds:
- Legitimate Interests: As necessary for our legitimate interests in carrying out our business, such as sharing information related to your demonstrated interest in database and enterprise information technology, trial software downloads, or other products and services, provided those interests are not outweighed by your rights and interests;
- Contract: As necessary to enter and perform a contract with you, such as when you ask us to provide services to you;
- Legal Obligation: When we have a legal obligation to carry out the processing, such as complying with an applicable law; or
- Consent: Where processing is based on your consent, such as when you have opted in to receive marketing communications from us, we will identify the processing purposes and provide you with relevant information to make the processing fair and transparent. Please click here to learn more about how you may let us know if you no longer wish to receive further marketing emails.
How We Use Your Personal Data
EnterpriseDB may use your personal data to:
- Provide and deliver products, content, or services you’ve requested, including software updates. If you enter a sweepstake, contest, or similar EDB promotion, we may use your personal data to administer such promotion and/or market relevant products and services based on your demonstrated interest;
- Operate and improve our internal operations, systems, products, and services;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience;
- Carry out the sales, sales solicitation, shipment of products, complete orders, and provide other services performed by us or third parties;
- Communicate with you about promotions, upcoming events, and news about products and services offered by EnterpriseDB and our selected partners;
- Provide system maintenance or handle system malfunctions;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Send you service-related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Link or combine information about you with other personal data we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better and more personalized service;
- Enforce our terms and conditions or protect our business, partners, or users;
- Protect against, investigate, and deter fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity;
- Carry out identity verification and authentication services; and/or
- Other separately and explicitly prescribed purposes.
How We May Share or Disclose Your Personal Information
EnterpriseDB does not rent, sell, or share personal data about you with other people or unaffiliated companies, except under the following circumstances:
- We may provide your personal data to third parties who help facilitate the Website (for example, by providing website development, statistical analyses, data processing, or sending communications to users), but for use solely in connection with facilitating the Website;
- We may provide your personal data to financial institutions, credit card companies, collection enterprises, and other enterprises that process payments or represent the buyer or seller to facilitate payment owed to us or to a seller when you submit such personal data for the purposes of effecting a purchase or other financial transaction;
- We may produce certain contests, sweepstakes, and special events with the support of affiliated or non-affiliated sponsors and/or promotional partners. The information collected in conjunction with events may also be used for the marketing of additional services and events by us and/or our promotional partners and sponsors beyond the contest, sweepstakes, and/or special event;
- We may provide your personal data to persons who owe us a duty of confidentiality in connection with a legitimate business purpose of EnterpriseDB;
- We may provide your personal data to third parties, including, but not limited to, law enforcement agencies, state, local or federal governments, private litigants, and other companies, as may be required to (1) comply with lawful requests such as subpoenas or court orders, (2) comply with applicable state, federal, or local law, (3) prevent fraud or other illegal activities from being perpetrated through the Website, or (4) protect the property, safety, or legal rights of EnterpriseDB and its users;
- We may provide your personal data to any third party whom you have consented to receive your personal information;
- We may provide your personal data to affiliated companies or business successors of EnterpriseDB;
- We may provide your personal data to third parties as otherwise separately and explicitly prescribed; and/or
- We may provide your personal data as a result of mergers and acquisitions related to EnterpriseDB.
What Cookies and Web Beacons Are and How We and Others Use Them
The Website may use various software technologies including “cookies,” “web beacons” and “pixel tags.” “Cookies” are small text files that we and others may place in visitors' computer browsers to store their preferences. Cookies themselves do not contain any personal data. "Web beacons" or “Pixel tags” are small pieces of code placed on a web page or within the body of an email to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page or viewing or opening an email. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We may use web beacons on the Website from time to time for this and advertising purposes.
Some web browsers (including some mobile web browsers) provide settings that allow you to control or reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer, tablet or mobile device. Although you are not required to accept cookies, if you block or reject them, you may not have access to all the features available through our services. For more information, visit the help page for your web browser.
What Internet Protocol Addresses Are
Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites and Sponsors
The following third parties may collect information through the Website, including personal data:
- Third parties that help facilitate the Website may, from time to time, collect information through the Website in the course of providing support;
- Third party advertisers may collect information about your mobile phone, computer or mobile device relating to the way you interact with the Website, or which third party advertisers you visit;
- Third parties may collect other information that you voluntarily post or publish through the Website in any way;
- Web-crawlers such as Google may collect information through the Website; and/or
- The Website may contain links or references to other websites, including third party advertisers and other unaffiliated websites.
How We Secure and Store Your Personal Data
We have put in place reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in an effort to help safeguard information we collect through the Website. However, you should know that no company, including EnterpriseDB, can fully eliminate security risks associated with personal data. To help protect yourself, please use a strong password, do not use the same passwords to access your EnterpriseDB accounts that you use with other accounts or services, and protect your usernames and passwords to help prevent others from accessing your accounts and services.
Your Rights If You Are a California Resident
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to the EnterpriseDB Legal Department at email@example.com or write us at 34 Crosby Drive, Suite 201, Bedford, MA 01730.
Our Policy Towards Children
EnterpriseDB does not knowingly collect or solicit Personally Identifiable Information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13). If we learn that we have inadvertently obtained Personally Identifiable Information from a child under the age of thirteen (13), we will delete that information as soon as practicable. If you believe that a child under the age of thirteen (13) has submitted Personally Identifiable Information in connection with the Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Choices Do We Give You and How Can You Correct or Review Your Personal Data
Account Information & Retention
Upon request, we will provide an individual with access to personal data that we have collected about them (provided that they have given adequate proof of identity). We also offer individuals the ability to have inaccuracies corrected within their contact information. You may also request deletion of your personal data. We will honor requests as required by law and subject to our business and legal needs to retain your data. These information requests can be made by sending us an email at email@example.com. We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice. If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time. We will respond to your access request within 30 days.
We will retain your personal data for as long as your account is active, as needed to provide you services, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
While we and others give you certain choices, as further outlined in this Policy, there are many ways that Web browser signals and similar mechanisms can indicate your choice to disable tracking, and we may not be aware of nor honor every mechanism.
Our marketing emails tell you how to "opt-out" of receiving further marketing emails. You may also contact us email@example.com with a subject line "Unsubscribe" at any time to let us know that you no longer wish to receive further marketing emails. If you receive a phone call from one of our sales representatives, you can ask them to put you on our email unsubscribe list, or you can call us directly at 781-357-3390 and ask to be unsubscribed from our mailing list. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you, and, as allowed by applicable law, requests for your participation in surveys.
How to Contact Us
If you wish to request a change to how we store or process your personal information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your access request within 30 days.
Written communication should be sent to:
Attn: Legal Department
34 Crosby Drive, Suite 201
Bedford, MA 01730