Registering an Ark Console¶
Use the Create - Server dialog to register an existing Ark console with the PEM server. To access the dialog, right-click on an Ark Server node to access the context menu; navigate through the Create option to select Ark Server….
Please note: you must modify the display preferences for your PEM web interface to display the Ark Servers node in the tree control. Navigate through the File menu to open the Preferences dialog; click on the Nodes panel in the Browser node to control the object types that are displayed.
Use the fields on the General tab to describe the general properties of the Ark console:
- Use the Name field to specify a user-friendly name for the server. The name specified will identify the server in the PEM Browser tree control.
- Use the Host field to provide the name of the Ark console host.
- Use the Port field to specify the port that the PEM server will use when connecting to the Ark console.
- Use the Protocol drop-down listbox to select the connection protocol that the PEM server will use when connecting to the Ark console.
- Use the API version drop-down listbox to select the version of the Ark API that the PEM server will use when managing the Ark console.
Use fields on the Connection tab to specify connection details for the Ark console:
- Specify the name of the connecting user in the Username field. The specified user must be an existing user in the backing database of the Ark console.
- Provide the password associated with the specified user in the Password field.
- Specify the name of the OpenStack tenant or Ark Port field.
- Use the Domain name field to specify the name of the OpenStack domain to which the server will connect if the Ark API version specified on the General tab is version 3.1 or greater.
- Check the box next to Save password? to save the password associated with the console registration; if do not save the password, you will be prompted for the password when you attempt to connect to the server.
When you have provided registration information for the Ark console, click the Save button to save the console definition.