18.104.22.168 Creating an Email GroupPostgres Enterprise Manager monitors your system for conditions that require user attention. You can use an email group to specify the email addresses of users that the server will notify if current values deviate from threshold values specified in an alert definition. An email group has the flexibility to notify multiple users, or target specific users during user-defined time periods.Please note that you must configure the PEM Server to use an SMTP server to deliver email before PEM can send email notifications.Use the Email Groups tab to configure groups of SMTP email recipients. To access the Email Groups tab, select Manage Alerts... from the PEM client's Management menu; when the Manage Alerts tab opens, select Email Groups from the Quick Links toolbar.The Email Groups tab displays a list of the currently defined email groups (see Figure 4.46). Highlight a group name and click the Edit icon (at the far left end of the row) to modify an existing group.To define a new email group, click the Add icon (+) in the upper-right corner of the Email Groups table. The Email Group definition dialog opens, as shown in Figure 4.47.Use the Email Group dialog to define an email group and its members:
• Provide a name for the email group in the Group Name field.Each row within the email group definition will associate a unique set of email addresses with a specific time period. When an alert is triggered, the server will evaluate the times specified in each row and send the message to those group members whose definitions are associated with the time that the alert triggered.Click the Add icon (+) in the group members table to open the Options tab, and add the member addresses that will receive notifications for the time period specified:
• Enter a comma-delimited list of recipient addresses in the Reply to Addresses field.
• Enter the email address that messages to this group should be sent from in the From Address field.
• Use the Subject prefix field to provide a message that will be added to the start of each subject line when a notification is sent.
• Use the From Time and To Time time selectors to specify the time range for notifications to the group member(s) that are identified on this row. Provide the From Time and To Time values in the locale of the PEM client host, and the PEM server will translate the time into other time zones as required.When you've identified the member or members that will receive an email during a specific time period, click the Add icon to add a row to the table, and specify another time period and the email addresses that will be notified during those hours. When you've finished defining the email group, click the Save icon.To delete an email group, highlight the name of the group in the Email Group table and click the Delete icon (located to the left of the group name).The group name will be displayed in the Email Group table in red; click the Save icon to make the change persistent and remove the group from the table (see Figure 4.48).After creating the email group, you can use the Manage Alerts tab to set up the Notification details for an alert that will direct notifications to the group.