Find, troubleshoot, and optimize slow running SQL fast!
Most RDBMS experts agree that inefficient SQL code is the leading cause of most database performance problems. The challenge for DBAs and developers is to locate the poorly-running SQL code in large and complex systems, and then optimize that code for better performance. EnterpriseDB provides the SQL Profiler component in Postgres Plus Advanced Server and in Postgres Enterprise Manager (for PostgreSQL users) to help assist you in locating and optimizing poorly-running SQL code.
- On-Demand Traces - You can capture SQL traces at any time by manually setting up your parameters and starting the trace.
- Scheduled Traces - For inconvenient times, you can also specify your trace parameters and schedule them to run at some later time.
- Save Traces - Execute your traces and save them for later review.
- Trace Filters - Selectively filter SQL captures by database and by user or capture every SQL statement sent by all users against all databases.
- Trace Output Analyzer - A graphical table lets you quickly sort and filter queries by duration or statement, and a graphical or text based EXPLAIN plan lays out your query paths and joins.
- index Advisor Integration - Once you've found your slow queries and optimized them you can also let the Index Advisor recommend the creation of underlying table indices to further improve performance.
How do I try SQL Profiler?
For Postgres Plus Advanced Server, just download Advanced Server and run the installer. Then follow the configuration instructions (section 5.2 Configuring SQL Profiler) in the Postgres Enterprise Manager Installation Guide.
For PostgreSQL, download Postgres Enterprise Manager and complete the installation and setup.