Now on HP Cloud: Postgres Plus® Cloud Database
Click here to sign up NOW!
Save money provisioning Postgres clusters
Postgres Plus Cloud Database easily provisions PostgreSQL 9.1 and Postgres Plus Advanced Server 9.1 databases (with Oracle compatibility) in single instances or high availability clusters, delivering robust cost efficient Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) environments.
The self-healing clusters are setup in minutes with high-speed binary replication, automatic read and write load balancing, optimized connection pooling, auto-scaling (for horizontal scale out), and automatic failover.
Requires no special database skills
Now anyone can setup self-healing Postgres clusters in the cloud complete with automatic failover and other difficult to setup features like load balancing and connection pooling. Take a video tour of the GUI console.
You can also use cluster replicas for disaster recovery purposes and cloning production data to programming sandboxes for new application development or testing. Whether you want to easily setup robust Postgres deployments, to reduce costs because you have spikey load times, or you are a developer who wants to focus on application work and not database setup and administration, Cloud Database will meet your needs with a powerful feature set deployed and managed with a simple point and click interface in the browser of your choice at the cost savings and convenience provided by cloud computing.
A cloud database with an Oracle option
Postgres Plus Cloud Database provides DBaaS for PostgreSQL databases which are full featured enterprise class databases without many of the limitations of other lightweight or specialized databases. If you use Postgres Plus Advanced Server, you'll also have an inexpensive proven alternative for moving applications written to run on Oracle into a cloud environment. This allows your staff to reuse existing Oracle development skills and create new applications that target Postgres Plus Cloud Database.
- HA cluster setups with no special skills needed providing 24/7 data availability
- Self Healing Clusters with unattended repairs minimize downtime and data loss 24x7
- Elastic Scale out grows clusters automatically in response to unpredictable or spikey loads
- Load Balancing spreads the Read/Write requests efficiently within the cluster
- Connection Pooling optimizes client connections supporting high numbers of users
- Automatic Backup means worry free data protection
- Easy GUI console with no installation, no configuration, no admin skills needed, and instant on
- Clone DB creates developer sandboxes in minutes using production data
- Cloud utility model with pay-by-use low costs replacing hardware and data center expense