Oracle Compatibility Technology from EnterpriseDB
Postgres Plus Advanced Server Delivers Oracle Compatibility
EnterpriseDB's Postgres Plus Advanced Server delivers a comprehensive Oracle compatibility solution. Organizations use Advanced Server to safely, quickly and cost-effectively:
- Build, deploy and manage new applications and databases at a fraction of the cost of Oracle, while leveraging all of their existing Oracle skills.
- Replicate data from production Oracle databases to Postgres Plus to support reporting and business intelligence applications.
- Migrate existing applications from Oracle to Postgres Plus.
The foundation of Postgres Plus Advanced Server is PostgreSQL, the world's most advanced open source database. Hardened by more than 20 years of use in large-scale production systems and supported by a proven open source development community, PostgreSQL is renowned for its high performance transaction processing capabilities. In recent years, the addition of optimized indexing and searching algorithms have made PostgreSQL an equally effective solution for query-intensive and mixed-load applications. At its core, PostgreSQL supports all of the enterprise-class capabilities found in commercial DBMS products, making it the ideal foundation for Postgres Plus Advanced Server's Oracle compatibility solutions.
Deep Oracle Compatibility
Postgres Plus Advanced Server implements a comprehensive suite of Oracle-compatible functionality within and around the core PostgreSQL engine, including:
- Simple and complex data structures
- Oracle SQL syntax and semantics
- Functions and Packages
- PL/SQL (extensive support)
- Popular Oracle database utilities and interfaces
- Bi-directional database replication services
Then we add familiar Oracle tools like EDB*Plus, EDB*Loader, EDB*Wrap, a runtime instrumentation package and more. The combination of its PostgreSQL core and rich Oracle capabilities make Postgres Plus Advanced Server the ideal solution for a wide range of applications in IT shops that use Oracle. Global organizations such as Sony, FTD and NTT have significantly reduced their Oracle database costs using Postgres Plus, and so can you.
|"Sounds great, but what do you really mean by Oracle compatibility?"|
What Should I Do Now?
Depending on your business needs and timing considerations, we recommend the following next steps:
Contact us directly. This is the fastest and easiest way to learn more. Our sales and technical teams can help you determine the quickest, safest path to meaningful cost savings. If appropriate, we can also schedule a migration feasibility assessment of your Oracle databases.
- Download and evaluate Postgres Plus Advanced Server. By evaluating our software, your technologists can quickly determine the depth of our Oracle compatibility and the completeness of our PostgreSQL database foundation.
- Explore other resources on this site. We have assembled a collection of related information related to Oracle compatibility to help you learn more.
AQA Cuts Costs While Adding Compatibility
"Controlling costs and maintaining the ability to leverage our previous technology investments were critical factors in the selection of EnterpriseDB's Postgres Plus Advanced Server over Oracle."
Sony Saves Money and Time with Postgres Plus
"Eighty percent of our applications don't have to be rewritten to work on EnterpriseDB."
Director Database Services
Sony Online Entertainment