Postgres as a Service
Deploy a Managed Postgres Cluster in Minutes! Enterprise-ready and Oracle compatible.
To assess an Oracle database schema for compatibility with Advanced Server, you must:Please Note: You must connect with a database role that has SELECT_CATALOG_ROLE or SELECT ANY DICTIONARY privileges.
2. Run the DDL Extractor with the command: SQL>@edb_ddl_extractor.sql.The EDB DDL Extractor uses the SQL*Plus ACCEPT command to get user input of multiple schema names using ',' delimiter. Maximum 240 bytes can be accepted. So, the maximum length of schema name can be of 30 characters and you can input 7 to 8 schema names.Enter the schema name to extract the DDLs : schema_nameEnter the path to store DDL file: /home/oracle/extracted_ddls/Enter the path to store DDL file: C:/Extracted_DDL/
4. Go to .
6. Click CREATE PROJECT to create a new project.
8. Upload the .SQL file generated by the EDB DDL Extractor for Oracle Database. Please Note: You should not modify the .SQL file.
9. Click RUN ASSESSMENT.The analysis tool will review every construct, execute repair actions to improve compatibility with Advanced Server, and flag any remaining errors that require manual intervention.
14. On the Knowledge Base tab, you can enter the object name which is not compatible with Advanced Server and click Search.
15. The object detailed panel displays the workaround or the resolution for the mentioned object. You can manually make the changes on the Assessment tab for that object, and click Assess.Please Note: In case the object is not available in the Knowledge Base, please contact the support team for assistance.When you have finished working with the DDL, you can download the modified EDB compatible DDL as a text file and apply it to an existing Advanced Server instance.