Migration Toolkit is a powerful command-line tool that offers granular control of the migration process. Migration Toolkit facilitates migration of database objects and data to an EDB Postgres™ Advanced Server or PostgreSQL® database from:
Microsoft® SQL Server®
You can also use Migration Toolkit to migrate database objects and data from Sybase® Adaptive Server® Enterprise to EDB Postgres Advanced Server, or between EDB Postgres Advanced Server and PostgreSQL.
You can install Migration Toolkit with the EDB Postgres Advanced Server installer, or via Stack Builder. Stack Builder is distributed with both the EDB Postgres Advanced Server and the PostgreSQL one-click installer available from the EnterpriseDB web site at:
This guide provides a high-level description of the steps involved in the migration process, as well as installation and usage instructions for Migration Toolkit. It also includes solutions to common migration problems, and details unsupported features and their potential workarounds.
This guide uses the term Postgres to refer to either an installation of EDB Postgres Advanced Server or PostgreSQL.
This guide uses the term Stack Builder to refer to either StackBuilder Plus (distributed with EDB Postgres Advanced Server) or Stack Builder (distributed with the PostgreSQL one-click installer from EnterpriseDB).
- What’s New
- Supported Operating Systems and Database Versions
- Migration Methodology
- Functionality Overview
- Installing Migration Toolkit
- Installing Migration Toolkit on a CentOS or RHEL 7 and 8 host
- Installing Migration Toolkit on a CentOS, or RHEL 7 ppc64le host
- Installing Migration Toolkit on a Debian or Ubuntu Host
- Installing Migration Toolkit on a SLES Host
- Installing Migration Toolkit on Windows
- Installing Migration Toolkit on Mac OS X
- Installing Source-Specific Drivers
- Building the toolkit.properties File
- Invoking Migration Toolkit
- Migration Toolkit Command Options
- Migration Errors
- Connection Errors
- Migration Errors
- Error Codes
- Unsupported Features