Use and Purpose of Collected Personally Identifiable Information
The term "Personally Identifiable Information" means your full name, physical address, email address, telephone number, or any other personal information that, alone or in combination with other information, permits third parties to contact you physically or online.
EnterpriseDB does not knowingly collect or solicit Personally Identifiable Information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13). If we learn that we have inadvertently obtained Personally Identifiable Information from a child under the age of thirteen (13), we will delete that information as soon as practicable. If you believe that a child under the age of thirteen (13) has submitted Personally Identifiable Information in connection with the Website, please contact us at email@example.com.
On our Website, we collect Personally Identifiable Information knowingly and voluntarily provided by you when you: (1) register for any service of EnterpriseDB; (2) submit requests, suggestions, or other communications to us; (3) interact with the Website or EnterpriseDB in any way that submits, releases or displays your Personally Identifiable Information to EnterpriseDB. EnterpriseDB may use your Personally Identifiable Information to:
- carry out the sales, sales solicitation, shipment of products, complete orders, and provide other services performed by us or third parties;
- advertise or promote our products or the products of third parties offered through the Website or third party partners;
- provide after-service or respond to inquiries and/or complaints;
- carry out marketing data surveys, statistics and/or analysis;
- create, send and utilize Mailing Lists;
- provide system maintenance or handle system malfunctions;
- develop new services and functions;
- contact you regarding your use of the Website or any Enterprise DB service;
- carry out identity verification and authentication services; and/or
- other separately and explicitly prescribed purposes.
We may also collect non-Personally Identifiable Information you choose to provide, such as your gender, age, marital status, occupation, hobbies, interests, lifestyle choices, preferences, affiliated schools and companies, general location, photographs, and videos. Additionally, we may collect technical information relating to your mobile phone, mobile device or computer and the way you interact with the Website, such as your IP address, browser type, and aggregate user data. This information is used to identify your internet browser, store your user preferences, authenticate user sessions, provide services, and determines whether you have installed the software necessary to access certain material or applications on the Website.
We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with third parties for the following reasons:
- we may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties who help facilitate the Website (for example, by providing website development, statistical analyses, data processing, or sending communications to users), but for use solely in connection with facilitating the Website;
- we may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to financial institutions, credit card companies, collection enterprises, and other enterprises that process payments or represent the buyer or seller to facilitate payment owed to us or to a seller when you submit such Personally Identifiable Information for the purposes of effecting a purchase or other financial transaction;
- we may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to persons who owe us a duty of confidentiality in connection with a legitimate business purpose of EnterpriseDB;
- we may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties, including, but not limited to, law enforcement agencies, state, local or federal governments, private litigants, and other companies, as may be required to (1) comply with lawful requests such as subpoenas or court orders, (2) comply with applicable state, federal, or local law, (3) prevent fraud or other illegal activities from being perpetrated through the Website, or (4) protect the property, safety, or legal rights of EnterpriseDB and its users;
- we may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to any third party whom you have consented to receive your personal information;
- we may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to affiliated companies or business successors of Enterprise DB; and/or
- we may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties as otherwise separately and explicitly prescribed.
Third Parties Who May Collect Information
The following third parties may collect information through the Website, but (subject to Section 2) such information shall not include Personally Identifiable Information unless you post or publish such Personally Identifiable Information in areas of the Website accessible to other users or the public:
- third parties that help facilitate the Website may, from time to time, collect information through the Website in the course of providing support;
- third party advertisers may collect information about your mobile phone, computer or mobile device relating to the way you interact with the Website, or which third party advertisers you visit;
- third parties may collect other information that you voluntarily post or publish through the Website in any way; and/or
- web-crawlers such as Google or Yahoo may collect information through the Website.
EnterpriseDB supports secure online shopping using secure server technology because we want your shopping experience to be simple and safe. Enterprise DB [may/will] use commercially reasonable measures to safeguard Personally Identifiable Information stored in our servers and databases against loss, theft, and unauthorized disclosure or use. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect,[ and we are under no obligation to use said security measures.] Furthermore, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you choose to share information. We are therefore not responsible for circumvention of any security measures by third parties or of any unauthorized access or use of your Personally Identifiable Information made by third parties. Any disclosures that you make of your own volition to the Website or anyone else are made at your own risk.
If you ask us to delete your Personally Identifiable Information from our records, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to do so while retaining any record necessary to comply with a governmental authority or applicable federal, state, or local law. Even after removal, however, copies of your Personally Identifiable Information may remain viewable in cached or archived pages or if other users have copied or stored such information. If you would like to contact us about the Personally Identifiable Information you have submitted, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Website includes order forms that you fill out to request information, products, and services. These forms collect your financial information, such as your banking details or credit card numbers. EnterpriseDB will use any financial information that you submit solely for billing and payment purposes for that special transaction unless you grant permission for further use.
Unsubscribing from Mailing Lists
If, for any reason, you wish to be removed from our email mailing list, you can unsubscribe in one of four ways:
- Click on the link in the footer of the email that reads "Please click here to unsubscribe";
- You can send an email to email@example.com with a subject line "Unsubscribe". In the body of the email you must include the email address you wish to have removed from our mailing list;
- If you receive a phone call from one of our sales representatives, you can ask them to put you on our email unsubscribe list; and/or
- You can call us directly at 781-357-3390 and ask to be unsubscribed from our mailing list.
34 Crosby Drive, Suite 100
Bedford, MA 01730
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org