EDB Postgres Advanced Server (EPAS) v16
EDB is the only worldwide company to deliver innovative and low-cost, open-source-derived database solutions. These solutions offer commercial quality, ease of use, compatibility, scalability, and performance for small or large-scale enterprises. EDB Postgres Advanced Server (sometimes referred to as EPAS in this documentation) adds extended functionality to open-source PostgreSQL, including:
- Database administration
- Enhanced SQL capabilities
- Database and application security
- Performance monitoring and analysis
- Application development utilities
- Advanced replication (version 14 and higher).
All of these features are available in Postgres mode and Oracle compatibility mode. When you launch EDB Postgres Advanced Server in Oracle compatibility mode, you get additional features that help with Oracle-to-Postgres migrations.
- Oracle-compatible custom data types
- Oracle keywords
- Oracle functions
- Oracle-style catalog views
- Additional compatibility with Oracle MERGE.
EDB also makes available a full suite of tools and utilities that helps you monitor and manage your EDB Postgres Advanced Server deployment.