Database Compatibility for Oracle Developers Reference Guide v12
Database Compatibility for Oracle means that an application runs in an Oracle environment as well as in the EDB Postgres Advanced Server (Advanced Server) environment with minimal or no changes to the application code.
This guide provides reference material about the compatible data types supported by Advanced Server. Reference information about:
- Compatible SQL Language syntax is provided in the Database Compatibility for Oracle Developers SQL Guide.
- Compatible Catalog Views is provided in the Database Compatibility for Oracle Developers Catalog Views Guide.
Developing an application that is compatible with Oracle databases in the Advanced Server requires special attention to which features are used in the construction of the application. For example, developing a compatible application means selecting:
- Data types to define the application’s database tables that are compatible with Oracle databases
- SQL statements that are compatible with Oracle SQL
- System and built-in functions for use in SQL statements and procedural logic that are compatible with Oracle databases
- Stored Procedure Language (SPL) to create database server-side application logic for stored procedures, functions, triggers, and packages
- System catalog views that are compatible with Oracle’s data dictionary