Benefits of EDB Postgres Advanced Server v16
EDB Postgres Advanced Server is a stand-alone proprietary database server that adds extended functionality to the open-source PostgreSQL database.
EDB Postgres Advanced Server is designed to provide enterprise capabilities on top of the features present in community Postgres. These capabilities:
- Help database administrators to maintain and operate EDB Postgres Advanced Server databases
- Include enhanced SQL functionality and other features that add flexibility and convenience
- Extend Postgres security with features designed to limit unauthorized access
- Assist with performance monitoring and analysis
- Include multiple features designed to increase application programmer productivity
- Advanced replication support (version 14 and higher).
EDB Postgres Advanced Server also has a significant amount of Oracle compatibility features which facilitate Oracle to Postgres migrations.
EDB Postgres Advanced Server includes extended functionality that provides compatibility for syntax supported by Oracle applications, as well as compatible procedural logic, data types, system catalog views and other features that enable EDB’s Oracle compatible connectors, EDB*Plus, EDB*Loader and many other tools and functionality.
Major versions of EDB Postgres Advanced Server are released yearly in line with the major version release of PostgreSQL. EDB Postgres Advanced Server is normally released one to two months after PostgreSQL major version releases.