Adding a subscription v7
Subordinate to a subscription database definition, you create subscriptions. A subscription assigns the publication to replicate to the database identified by the subscription database definition.
Step 1: Select the Subscription Database node. Select Subscription > Create Subscription.
Step 2: In the Create Subscription dialog box, fill in the following fields:
- Subscription Name. Enter a name for the subscription that is unique among all subscription names.
- Host. Network IP address of the publication server that is the parent node of the publication to subscribe to. This IP address is the same value entered in the Host field in Step 3 of Registering a publication server.
- Port. Port used by the publication server. This is the same value entered in the Port field in Step 3 of Registering a publication server.
- User Name. Admin user name of the publication server. This is the same value entered in the User Name field in Step 3 of Registering a publication server.
- Password. Password of the admin user. This is the same value entered in the Password field in Step 3 of Registering a publication server.
- Publication Name. Select Load to get a list of available publications. Select the publication to subscribe to.
Step 3 (Optional): If you defined a set of available table filters for the publication, you have the option of enabling these filters on this subscription. See Adding a publication for instructions on defining table filters.
Select the Filter Rules tab to enable one or more filter rules on the subscription. You can enable at most one filter rule on any given subscription table.
Step 4: Select Create. When Subscription Created Successfully appears, select OK.
A Subscription node is added to the replication tree.
The tables and views from the publication are created in the subscription database but without any rows. Rows are populated into the subscription tables when the first snapshot replication occurs.