Date -2011-06-30 Latest version includes parallel data loading, increased Oracle compatibility and support for HP-UX operating environment
BEDFORD, Mass. – June 30, 2011 – EnterpriseDB, the leading worldwide provider of PostgreSQL and Oracle compatibility products and services, today announced general availability of Postgres Plus Advanced Server 9.0. Improvements to version 9.0 include support for the HP-UX operating environment, enriched database performance and availability, and increased Oracle compatibility—all at a savings of 80 percent or more compared to other commercial databases.
“With the release of Postgres Plus Advanced Server 9.0, customers now have more reasons to make the move from large and expensive databases to a highly available enterprise-class database that delivers what they need at a much more affordable price point,” said Ed Boyajian, president and CEO of EnterpriseDB. “Advanced Server 9.0 is faster than previous versions, offers built-in high availability options, has greater compatibility with Oracle, and is easier to manage and maintain.”
Built on the community edition of PostgreSQL 9.0, Postgres Plus Advanced Server 9.0 includes the following enterprise-class enhancements:
- Increased Performance with Parallel Data Loader- Postgres Plus Advanced Server 9.0 supplies new performance features including a parallel data loader, which loads data up to 800 percent faster.
- Additional Oracle Compatibility- Now in its seventh generation of Oracle compatibility, Postgres Plus Advanced Server 9.0 further decreases the amount of manual effort needed to move from Oracle with additional Oracle enhancements, including support for Oracle Pro*C applications.
- Replication from SQL Server to PostgreSQL- In addition to Oracle replication, Postgres Plus Advanced Server 9.0 now includes support for replicating Microsoft SQL Server data to Postgres Plus with xDB Replication Server.
- Postgres Plus Infinite Cache- Infinite Cache is enhanced to seamlessly add nodes without flushing the entire cache or causing disruption or system downtime.
- High Availability Features- Postgres Plus Advanced Server 9.0 contains high availability features from the Postgres community, including built-in replication and hot standby database, which mirror Oracle Dataguard (a very expensive option).
Additionally, EnterpriseDB recently announced its commitment to support the HP-UX operating environment on Itanium-based HP Integrity servers, which is now available with Postgres Plus Standard Server and Postgres Plus Advanced Server 9.0. HP customers who have invested in the HP-UX operating environment can now easily migrate with confidence from Oracle to PostgreSQL via EnterpriseDB.
"Our clients are looking for robust database alternatives that allow them to avoid vendor lock-in,” said Lorraine Bartlett, vice president, worldwide marketing and strategy, Business Critical Systems, HP. "EnterpriseDB offers an open source solution for HP-UX that is compatible with the Oracle database. Postgres Plus Advanced Server 9.0 for HP-UX provides clients with a multi-vendor alternative for their environment today and a straightforward transition strategy should they need it.”
Postgres Plus Advanced Server 9.0 is available now with pricing starting at $3,995. To download Postgres Plus Advanced Server 9.0, please visit here for more details.
About EnterpriseDB Corporation
EnterpriseDB, the Enterprise PostgreSQL Company, provides enterprise-class PostgreSQL products and PostgreSQL services to help IT organizations be successful with the world's most advanced open source database. The company's Postgres Plus products are ideally suited for transaction-intensive applications requiring superior performance, massive scalability and compatibility with proprietary database products to reduce overall database costs. EnterpriseDB has offices in North America, Europe and Asia. The company was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in Bedford, MA. For more information, please call +1-781-357-3390, or visit www.enterprisedb.com.
EnterpriseDB and Postgres Plus are trademarks of EnterpriseDB Corporation. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.