Company Ranks Fourth on 2011 Future of Open Source Survey
BEDFORD, Mass. – May 25, 2011 – EnterpriseDB,the leading worldwide provider of PostgreSQL and Oracle compatibility products and services, announced today it has been named as one of the top open source companies to watch in the 2011 Future of Open Source Survey, conducted by North Bridge Venture Partners in partnership with The 451 Group. This is the second consecutive year of recognition for EnterpriseDB, improving from the 8th ranked position in 2010 to the 4th ranked position in 2011, behind Red Hat, Acquia and SugarCRM.
“EnterpriseDB is the industry leader in providing PostgreSQL-based products and services to the enterprise, and it’s a privilege to be recognized once again as an open source company to watch by North Bridge Venture Partners and The 451 Group,” said Ed Boyajian, president and CEO of EnterpriseDB. “Companies around the world are adopting open source software at an accelerating rate and this survey is further proof of EnterpriseDB’s leadership in providing world-class solutions based on the PostgreSQL database.”
This recognition follows the best year in the company’s history. EnterpriseDB finished 2010 with over 100 percent growth in revenue while bringing in 385 new customers across all regions and industries.
This momentum has continued into 2011. Key highlights in the first half of 2011 include:
- Announced support for HP-UX operating environments on Itanium-based HP Integrity servers, thus providing a very robust and cost-effective alternative to Oracle for HP-UX customers.
- Joined the Red Hat OpenShift Partner Program providing developers a unique offering and the choice to use EnterpriseDB in the cloud while also giving the flexibility of moving Oracle applications to Red Hat’s cloud platform.
- Recognized for accelerated growth in the UK by partner Interactive Ideas.
- Announced the availability of Postgres Plus Standard Server 9.0, improving availability, performance, security and maintenance.
- Announced three new components that add important security and replication capabilities for community PostgreSQL users:
- SQL/Protect-protects against SQL Injection attacks
- PL/Secure-allows ISVs and developers to protect Intellectual Property encapsulated in server side code
- XDB Replication Server-allows you to replicate Oracle data to PostgreSQL reducing license fees
Connect with EntepriseDB
About EnterpriseDB Corporation
EnterpriseDB, the Enterprise PostgreSQL Company, provides enterprise-class PostgreSQL products and PostgreSQL services to help IT organizations succeed with the world's most advanced open source database. The company's Postgres Plus products are ideally suited for transaction-intensive applications requiring superior performance, massive scalability and compatibility with proprietary database products to reduce overall database costs. EnterpriseDB has offices in North America, Europe and Asia. The company was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in Bedford, Mass. For more information, please call +1 781-357-3390, or visit www.enterprisedb.com
EnterpriseDB and Postgres Plus are trademarks of EnterpriseDB Corporation. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.