b Metrics Complement Many Inaugural Year Achievements
EDISON, N.J., Dec. 19, 2005 — EnterpriseDB, the world’s leading enterprise-class, open source database company, today announced results for 2005. Highlights include multiple software product releases, prestigious industry awards, contributions to the PostgreSQL community and financing by top-tier venture capitalists. More information and free product downloads are available on the company’s website, www.enterprisedb.com.
In the six months following the company’s May 23rd public launch, EnterpriseDB was downloaded more than 70,000 times, and the company’s website served more than 150,000 visitors and delivered more than 6,000,000 page views.
“Our many successes during 2005 are a credit to both the talented team here at EnterpriseDB and to the strength of PostgreSQL and its community,” said Andy Astor, chief executive officer of EnterpriseDB. “PostgreSQL has emerged as the favored open source database for enterprise-class applications. EnterpriseDB, which adds commercial-grade technical support, performance enhancements and compatibility with Oracle, is becoming the preferred choice for enterprises seeking the benefits of PostgreSQL.”
EnterpriseDB’s record of achievement in 2005 includes:
- The company’s public launch on May 23rd
- Five releases of the company’s relational database management system (RDBMS) product, including the EnterpriseDB Advanced Server 8.1 Public Beta, announced separately today
- The announcement of software quality measures ten times better than MySQL and one hundred times better than average commercial software, as measured by a leading source code analysis tool
- Initiatives in the areas of sponsored personnel, community leadership, contributions of code and financial support to benefit the PostgreSQL community
- Winning the LinuxWorld Product Excellence Award for “Best Database Solution”, beating MySQL, Oracle and IBM for the honor
- Closing a $7 million round of venture capital financing from Charles River Ventures and Valhalla Partners
- Being named one of three “Ones to Watch” from a field of more than 100 startup companies at Boston’s Open Source Business Conference
- Partnering with JasperSoft, the leader in commercial open source reporting solutions, to deliver JasperReports DBA Dashboard for EnterpriseDB, which enables EnterpriseDB administrators to monitor database performance and to identify configuration issues across an unlimited number of servers
About EnterpriseDB Advanced Server 8.1
EnterpriseDB Advanced Server 8.1 is an enterprise-class database that is built on PostgreSQL, the world’s most advanced open source database. EnterpriseDB Advanced Server 8.1 runs many existing Oracle applications and all PostgreSQL applications. EnterpriseDB Advanced Server 8.1 is free for evaluation, development and low-volume production deployments and includes unlimited Web-based technical support. Enterprise software licenses are bundled with technical support and software update services. Bundles range in price from $1,000 to $5,000 per CPU, per year.
About EnterpriseDB Corporation
EnterpriseDB provides and supports enterprise-class databases that are based on time-tested open source, are broadly compatible with proprietary databases, and are robustly reliable and scalable. EnterpriseDB was founded in March, 2004, and is headquartered in Edison, N.J. For more information, contact +1-732-331-1300 or visit www.enterprisedb.com.
# # #
For media inquiries, please contact:
Prequent, Inc. (for EnterpriseDB Corporation)