Featured speakers will include industry luminaries, Postgres users, media, analysts and thought leaders, including:
- Ed Boyajian, President and CEO, EDB
- Frank Fanzilli, Director of The Linux Foundation and former global CIO at the international investment bank Credit Suisse First Boston (CSFB)
- Kathleen Kennedy, President of MIT Technology Review and MIT Enterprise Forum, Inc.
- Scott McNealy, CEO of Wayin; Co-Founder of Sun Microsystems
- Michael Meskes, Ph.D, President and Chief Executive Officer, credativ, PostgreSQL Committer
- Bruce Momjian, a co-founder of the PostgreSQL Global Development Group and EDB Senior Database Architect
- Christopher Schroeder, former CEO, Washington Post/Newsweek Interactive; co-founder HealthCentral.com; U.S. Venture investor; First 50 LinkedIn Influencers and news contributors on global startups; author of the best seller Startup Rising: The Entrepreneurial Revolution Remaking the Middle East
During the event, and in celebration of the 20th anniversary of Postgres, Core PostgreSQL Community members and leaders will share valuable insights about the past, present and future of PostgreSQL. More information about the PostgreSQL Community can be found here: https://www.postgresql.org/community/contributors/
“At MIT Technology Review, we lead the global conversation about technologies that matter. Enterprise data management draws some of the sharpest minds in open source as organizations strive to harvest greater strategic value and actionable insight from their data. Postgres Vision 2016 will carve new avenues of discussion and exploration of enterprise data management transformation using Postgres and other innovative open source solutions,” said Kathleen Kennedy, President, MIT Technology Review and MIT Enterprise Forum Inc.
“Postgres is breaking all the barriers to open source database adoption. Postgres technology rocks and the ROI is undeniable,” said Ed Boyajian, President and CEO of EDB. “Postgres Vision will showcase enterprises and organizations that succeed by diverting database savings to higher value IT initiatives.”
Adds Bruce Momjian, a co-founder of the PostgreSQL Global Development Group and EDB Senior Database Architect, “No one would have guessed twenty years ago that the proprietary operating systems would no longer be the default for enterprise deployments. Linux and other open source software are now the defaults. There is no reason that open source databases, particularly Postgres, will not become the defaults in the years ahead."
TWEET: @PostgresVision Conf @EDBPostgres + MIT @TechReview to examine #Enterprise #Postgres. Oct 11-13 2016, San Franhttps://bit.ly/1RMHh5g
About Postgres Vision
Postgres Vision focuses on current and future enterprise usage of Postgres. This unique event includes insights from technology and business luminaries, Fortune 500 use cases, a look at the Postgres ecosystem, and long-range outlooks from press and analysts. For more information, visit www.PostgresVision.com.