EDB provides the following service level agreements (SLAs) for its BigAnimal offering (“BigAnimal”). SLA credits are Customer’s exclusive remedy for EDB’s failure to meet a specified service level.
BigAnimal provides customers with connectivity of a minimum of 99.99% of the time to their BigAnimal cluster; this only applies to clusters with high availability enabled.
This Service Level Agreement for BigAnimal (“SLA”) is part of your BigAnimal Terms located at www.enterprisedb.com/biganimal-terms (the “Agreement”).
All terms capitalized will have the definition provided in the Agreement unless otherwise specified herein.
“Beta” or “Preview” refers to any Service or Feature that has been made available pre-production release or on a testing basis.
“Database Uptime” is calculated per HA database cluster on a monthly basis and is the total number of minutes during the month that the HA cluster is available. A minute is considered available if either: (a) there are no connections to the HA database cluster, or no active connections issuing queries; (b) there is at least one successful client connection established; or (c) an active connection issues a query to the HA database cluster. Minutes during which the HA cluster is undergoing scheduled maintenance or upgrades are considered available.
“Downtime” is calculated per HA database cluster on a monthly basis and is the total number of minutes during the month that the cluster is unavailable.
“HA Cluster” or “High-availability Database Cluster” means a database instance with high availability enabled.
“Portal/API Uptime” is calculated per account on a monthly basis and is the total number of minutes during the month that the portal is available. A minute is considered available if either no requests are made to the portal or API, or the portal or API returns at least one non-HTTP 5XX response. Minutes during scheduled maintenance or upgrades are considered available.
“Service Credit” is the total number of BigAnimal Credits to be credited to the Customer.
“Support” means the technical support and maintenance services as described in the then-current EDB Support Policy.
In order for EDB to consider a claim for Service Credit, you must submit the claim to support at EnterpriseDB including all necessary information for EDB to validate the claim.
To be eligible for a Service Credit you must:
- Submit a support ticket with the support team at BigAnimal within 24 hours of becoming aware of an event that impacts service availability.
- Submit your claim for a Service Credit within 60 days of the event that impacted service availability.
- Include all information necessary for BigAnimal to validate your claim within your claim, including (i) a detailed description of the events resulting in downtime, including your logs that document errors and corroborate the claimed outage, with confidential information redacted; (ii) the time and duration of downtime; (iii) the number and locations of affected users as applicable; (iv) details regarding your attempts to resolve the downtime at the time it occurred.
- Reasonably assist BigAnimal in investigating the cause of downtime and processing your claim.
- Comply with your SLA, application documentation and guidance from the EDB support team.
In the event that BigAnimal does not meet the 99.99% uptime availability, you may receive a Service Credit as set forth below:
Monthly Uptime Percentage
Service Credits are your sole remedy for any performance or availability issues and only apply to fees paid for the HA database cluster(s) impacted for which a Service Level was not met. Service Credits are for future use of service and are capped at 100% of paid value in the month in question.
Any downtime from your Cloud Environment will not result in a Service Credit from BigAnimal, but EDB will enable you with root cause analysis details if you want to seek credit from your Cloud Environment, in the event of downtime on the Cloud Environment’s part.
You will not be eligible for a Service Credit for any performance or availability issue that results from:
- Factors outside of our reasonable control, such as natural disaster, war, acts of terrorism, riots, government action, or a network or device failure at your site or between your site and BigAnimal;
- Services, hardware, or software provided by a third party, such as cloud platform services on which BigAnimal runs;
- Use of your password or equipment to access the BigAnimal network;
- Your or any third party’s (a) improper use, scaling or configuration of BigAnimal, or (b) failure to follow appropriate security practices; or
- Your or any third party’s tampering with cloud platform services, hardware, or software managed by BigAnimal; or
- Periods during which the Offering has maintenance performed on it; or
- BigAnimal’s Beta or Preview Offerings.