Contributed by Matt Cicciari
Released January 7, the new PostgreSQL 9.5 ushered in a host of new features and capabilities that boost performance, scalability and data analytics productivity.
Question: What was the most requested feature that now is included with the new PostgreSQL 9.5?
Answer: UPSERT was the most requested feature.
Next Question: Do you know how to use UPSERT?
Answer: With a new version of Postgres, you have some new skills to learn.
Become one of the first to train and certify on PostgreSQL 9.5, and learn about new features and functionalities, such as:
- A new indexing type called BRIN
- A trio of new analytic features – GROUPING SETS, CUBE and ROLLUP
- UPSERT, which is also known as ON CONFLICT DO NOTHING (or ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE)
- JSONB document data type improvements
- New Row Level Security policies
- Enhanced scalability and performance
- Easier integration with external databases
As the leading enterprise Postgres database company, EDB continually offers comprehensive training and certification programs to prepare DBAs and developers to work with innovative new developments. EDB’s deep bench of Postgres experts includes two of the six PostgreSQL Community Core Team members, four Major Contributors, several committers, and a host of other contributors.
Join us, and learn from the experts.